LEONGATHA • KOONWARRA • MEENIYAN • STONY CREEK • BUFFALO • FISH CREEK • FOSTER • TOORA • WELSHPOOL • PORT WELSHPOOL
The GSRT allows the GSR rider to chance on wonderful sights hidden from highways and delve into our wonderful towns. We would love to share our favourite roll call of experiences and places with you.
- Horticultural Park, the very beginning of the GSRT, Great Southern Rail Trail. Perfect launch for your GSR ebike ride.
- Coffee and the best Devonshire Tea at Shady Oaks Café (check their cake menu!)
- End your ride with a South Gippsland Porterhouse Steak Sandwich with a glass of Lucinda estate chardonnay at McCartin’s Pub, Leongatha.
- Koonwarra Farmers Market, first Saturday of the month. Kifler potatoes are our favourite!
- Rupert’s Giftware Store. So much browsing in one location.
- The Ethical Food Store, locally produced wines, and product, organic fruit and vegetables.
- Meeniyan Gallery, local artists, fabulous handmade jewellery.
- Pandesal Bakery. Highly recommend their chicken walnut roll and lemon slice.
- Meeniyan Square, a variety of stall holders, local produce, and music.
- Coffee from Moo’s.
- The wonderful Alison Lester Shop, my family favourite, Magic Beach.
- The deco hotel, the Fish Creek Pub, closely followed by the delicious sandwiches for lunch in the park from Gibson’s. Picnic in the park.
- Long John Pickle Café. Coffee is their speciality.
- The Hoddle Mountain Range picnic table.
- Views of Wilson Prom are sensational.
- Gurneys Cider, BEST cheese platter ever and tasting paddles.
- Peddle the historic streets of Toora. There are four main streets, Harriet, Dutton, Stanley, and Mill Streets. The buildings are fascinating due to their age, and potential. Look for the State bank.
- The Toora Windfarm, visually up close is quite fascinating.
- Royal Standard Hotel, parma and a beer.
Tree lined streets welcome you into this quaint stop.
Long Jetty, great for sunset photos and a stroll to stretch your legs.
Korumburra extension of the GSRT coming soon.
Final extension to Nyora expected completion Mid December 2021